Wolfgang Consultancy Ltd is a newly formed company by a veteran IMAX technical services specialist.
The offer is for a full time position in France so French residency is imperative.
The position is to perform preventative maintenance and urgent interventions, as well as the occasional screening support on IMAX Digital & Laser Systems.
What you’ll be doing:
The Technical Services Specialist provides 24/7 service, support, and upgrades to IMAX digital projection and audio equipment, to ensure audiences are presented with the best possible IMAX experience. Working out of his/her home, the Technical Services Specialist travels extensively (up to 75%), sometimes on very short notice Candidates must have a valid driver’s license and passport for international travel to be considered.
- Perform service and preventative maintenance on IMAX digital projection and audio equipment through on-site visits and telephone support. Service work at the theatre is mainly carried out after normal business hours.
- Tangible contribution to maintaining target up-time of all IMAX theatres through preventative and emergency servicing.
- Responsible for handling and maintaining multi-million-dollar equipment in a critical “show must go on” environment.
- Dedication to concise and timely reporting of service activities and closure of the service and administrative reporting cycle via custom CRM or other databases.
- Track parts exchanged and ensure parts are returned from the client within the contractual obligations of the warranty.
- Reduce the number of lost shows by quickly responding, analyzing and correcting problems proactively during site visits.
- Plan and schedule service visits to IMAX theatres which may include hardware and software installation.
- Provide written reports to the customer at the time of the visit.
- Prepare periodic reporting on theatre roster.
- Attention to detail and verification of information in the Technical Services theatre information database.
- Be available for emergency service dispatches and recover systems to normal operation as quickly as possible.
- Be available to travel internationally, or to change travel plans, on very short notice.
- Respond to all inbound client communications including alerts, emails and phone calls within set time-frames.
What we’re looking for:
- Two to four years at a university, college, or technical school with specialized training in engineering/electronics and a strong computer background. Significant job-related experience could substitute for formal education.
- A broad knowledge of electrical systems, and/or electronics. Use of specialized test equipment (including but not limited to volt/ohmmeters, audio test equipment and oscilloscopes) and the ability to read and understand electrical schematics.
- Experience in electronics or computer repairs with specific experience involving anti-static practices when handling and installing electronic cards/boards/hard drives etc.
- Working knowledge of AC and DC power supplies, experience with working on low voltage, single phase and 3 phase powered equipment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, resourceful, diplomatic, and customer service oriented individual.
- Complex thinking and problem-solving skills are required to troubleshoot equipment failures quickly and efficiently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English in a clear and concise manner is essential; knowledge of other languages is an asset.
- Ability to carry out an effective maintenance routine and order tasks while working within the confines of the customer’s scheduling needs.
- The ability to deal with customers, on the phone or in person, who are confused or upset, and to troubleshoot their equipment problem under stressful circumstances.
- Ability to deal with each customer’s unique questions and give advice on operational matters.
- Experience with common software and use of PC hardware, including but not limited to, MS Office Suite and Outlook.
- Basic knowledge of networking and network communications (i.e. pinging devices, IP address configuration).
- Working knowledge of FTP protocols and their use, telnet and client software/utilities.
- Experience with commercial cinema presentation systems (image and sound) is a notable asset.
- Background in technical service support with help desk experience, repair bench or network support is a definite asset.
- MS Windows/XP, networking, monitoring and troubleshooting is an asset.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Windows registry is an asset.
- Able to work holidays and weekends when necessary.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to work at heights.
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to bend and reach.
- Service work at the theatre is mainly carried out after normal business hours.
- The ability and flexibility to travel extensively (up to 75%) may be required.
- Based from home.
- Be available to travel, or to change travel plans, on very short notice.