• Discover.film is the first global platform solely devoted to making quality short movies and series available on mobile, TV and web
• Over 80,000 people from 216 countries have already subscribed to the beta version
• Discover.film has signed partnerships with some of the world’s largest airlines, including British Airways, American Airlines and Etihad Airways
• Discover.film recently signed its first telecoms contract to provide short movies to Vodacom, South Africa’s leading mobile communications company with 55 million customers
• Discover.film consists of the world’s most entertaining quality short movies curated from more than 100 countries
Discover.film has already amassed more than 2 million views on planes, trains, hotels and across social platforms. Today it announces the launch of its own dedicated app, Discover.film. It is a platform for short form content which can be watched on TV, web, and downloaded on the go via the mobile app, perfect for commuting and being entertained in bite-sized chunks.
The company has recently secured partnership deals which are expected to accelerate its global audience growth. These include Qatar Airways, KLM, Etihad Airways, British Airways, National Express, Cathay Pacific, American Airlines, Air Canada, Virgin Trains and Eurostar who all show short films to their passengers. Most recently it has signed a distribution deal with South Africa’s Vodacom telco to provide movies to their audience of more than 50 million handset holders. Discussions are continuing with some of the world’s largest mobile phone companies to offer their customers the same.
In addition to its newly launched platform, Discover.film runs one of the biggest film festivals in the world. Now in its third year, its red carpet events bring together critically acclaimed filmmakers along with celebrities, producers, media professionals and corporations.
“We represent the best short films from around the world and are extremely well positioned to capitalise on the explosive growth for on-demand quality short form entertainment. We are committed to investing significantly in programming, marketing and the global roll-out of our app, Discover.film, to ensure that short form entertainment is enjoyed all over the world and by millions.”
Sarah Jane Thomson; co-founder Discover film
“From someone who watches a lot of content, I can tell you that the short films from Discover.film are such a refreshing change and a brilliant watch”
Angela Bryant, Inflight Entertainment Manager at Etihad Airways
Discover.film was set up in 2016 by Sarah Jane Thomson and Steve Harmston. Tapping into the changing viewing habits, the demise of TV and the growth on mobiles, they saw the opportunity to take a data driven approach to match the best quality short form entertainment with different audience demographics and deliver it whilst ‘on the go’. Discover.film is well placed to capitalise on the Global OTT market which is set to grow to over $120 billion by 2023.