This page is designed to pull together as much information, resources, and news relating to Coronavirus specifically within the cinema industry.
Please feel free to let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org of any other information and resources that you may be aware of:
General Corona Virus Information And Resources
All these resources and links are the Government related and similar sources relating to the virus and general advice:
- The official UK Government Coronavirus information website.
- The United Nations News page on the topic.
- Visualizing the History of Pandemics – providing the historical content of pandemics.
- Ukie COVID-19 roundup: Government and business support has a great summary of the aforementioned Government and business support.
- Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center. Includes an interactive global map with all the latest data on the Coronavirus cases.
- Protective Measures.
Individual Cinema Organisations/Company Information and Support Pages
Most of the individual membership organisations and similar have pages with specifically tailored resources:
- FAN – The Bigger Picture – extensive information page.
- Cinema Technology Community is offering free community membership for 6 months
- Cinema for All have a guide to creating virtual online Film Clubs.
- Cinema for All – advice and support whilst we stay at home.
- Independent Cinema Office Blog – What Cinemas Can Do Right Now.
- Air Screen Corona virus page
- Event Cinema Association Coronavirus Advice and Information
- Giant Screen Cinema COVID-19 Resource Page
- BECTU Covid-19 Adice and Information.
- Film & TV Charity Covid-19 advice page.
- UKCA Coronavirus Page.
- ScreenSkills page of Coronavirus information and resources, including training.
- BFI – Answering Questions From the Screen Sectors.
- BFI Coronavirus Update.
- The Big Picture Corvid-19 Report.
- Screen has compiled an extensive list of all the ongoing international initiatives launched to support the international film industry at this time.
- Into Film – film guide to use at home.
- CICAE – CORONAVIRUS: SITUATION OF CINEMAS
- Independent Cinema Office sector survey results report.
- Box Office Coronavirus Pages.
- The Big Picture Page.
Cinema Sector-Specific Coronavirus News Stories
All the stories being published about Coronavirus across the sector:
- Box Office Pro Coronavirus Stories
- Celluloid Junkie Stories
- Hollywood Reporter.
- Mad Cornish Projectionist Coronavirus Stories.
- Variety Coronavirus Stories.
Equipment and Technical Advice
All these links are guides and resources to looking after and maintaining the technical equipment in the cinema.
- Equipment Shutdown Guide from CinemaNext
- Cinema Technology Community – Covid-19 Closure; Technology Tips for Equipment Upkeep and Preparation for Re-Opening.
- Cinionic’s guide to equipment shutdown.
- NEC Best Pracise Guidance for Cinema Equipment.
- FilmTech Forum – Keeping the equipment going during a shutdown
- GoFilex Shutdown Technical Details.
- GDC Technology Server Shutdown Technical Notice.
- Christie Closure Details.
- UNIC Cinemas Technical recommendations for cinema operators during closure.
- Technical guidance for prevention of Coronavirus spread during cinema reopening – UK China Film.
- QUBE Digitial Cinema Server Maintenance for Extended Shutdown.
- Atom Seating guide to deep cleaning their seats
- Preparing for a Cinema extended closure period and explaining why its so important
- Digital Cinema Report: Rebooting Cinemas When the Pandemic Ends
- Vista Reopening Tool Kit
Fundraising Related Links
There are a number of different funds being setup to help support the sector:
Retail/Property/Commercial Related Material
Information and articles directly related to Retail/Property/Commercial:
- What can UK retailers learn from their Chinese counterparts in the midst of COVID-19?
- What food retailers should do during the coronavirus crisis
Online Training Courses
There are plenty of online training courses being made available during this time, here are a few cinema specific ones:
- Christie University Catalog.
- Dolby Cinema Product Training Registration.
- Independent Cinema Office online learning courses.
- JBL/Harman Professional Online Training Sessons.
- ScreenSkills page of Coronavirus information and resources, including training.
- Trinnov Audio Offers Cinema Downtime Customer Overview & Engineer Calibration Training
- A free Film Distribution Online Learning Course.
- QSC – Q-SYS Level 1 Cinema
Miscellaneous Resources and Information
This section is for any useful or relevant links that don’t fit anywhere else:
- Looking Forward: Assessing the Domestic Theatrical Situation.
- McKinsey – Survery US consumer sentiment during the Coronavirus crisis
- Calison Technology, better known for 3D products are offering disposable medical mask($0.55 for MOQ 1000pcs) and N95 mask($1.80 for MOQ 500pcs) available in stock, more details pls contact me via email@example.com.
- HR Advice for managers during the Coronavirus.
- COVID-19: Answering questions from the screen sectors.
- UK Cinema Network Facebook Page – is a peer to peer network for those who work in cinemas / multi-arts venues. An opportunity to share news, offer support and talk about new opportunities coming up.
- Social Distancing Festival. Not entirely cinema-related, but provides list of some of the material that is available to stream online, for when you need a break.
- Independent Cinema Office – list of Coronovirus resources.
A number of different organisations are putting on webinars to help share knowledge and information during this period. Any that are known about are listed below:
- Together Films – hosted a webinar on Monday 23rd March and Monday 30th March on the range of digital resources available to power community impact screenings during this time. Recordings of WEEK 1 and WEEK 2 can be found on the links.
- Cinema InFlux Webinar Series: have a weekly series of webinars, with previous weeks available to listen to.
- CJ Cinema Summit – A weekly webinar series, with previous editions available to listen to again online.
- Boxoffice Pro have a recap of the summit held on 26th March.
- CineConf: WEBINAR – Big Screen Entertainment and the Impact of Coronavirus Lockdown, have a series of webinars. You can watch the first one on YouTube here.
- BoxOffice Pro – Podcasts.
- Park Circus_Comscore UK Webinar Presentation. The presentation includes details of Park Circus’ Corvid-19 response, their Classic Cinema Programming plan and how cinemas can book it.
Online Events This Week
Each week there are a variety of different online webinars being run by different people and companies, so here is your weekly guide to what is happening, with links to register:
The Big Picture Infographics
The Big Picture have been creating informative infographics and helping to disseminate information from across the sector, along with supporting this page. Also have a look at their Corvid-19 Report:
- Vista Cinema In The Time of COVID-19On the morning of March 12th of this year, Leon Newnham, the Chief Executive Officer of Vista Cinema, woke up to discover much of his hard work over the past several weeks would be for naught. The growing coronavirus pandemic... The post Vista Cinema In The Time of COVID-19 appeared first on Celluloid Junkie.J. Sperling Reich
- Film Expo Group Rallies Around ShowEast During Challenging YearTo say that 2020 has been a bad year for cinema operators and theatrical film distributors would be quite the understatement. With COVID-19 shuttering most of the world’s movie theaters, global box office is down well over 70% from last... The post Film Expo Group Rallies Around ShowEast During Challenging Year appeared first on Celluloid […]J. Sperling Reich
- The Problems Facing North American Movie Theatres After They ReopenExhibitors are dying to reopen movie theatres. Studios are dying to release blockbuster films. But will fans be ready to risk dying to see them? That’s the dilemma facing our industry in what could be a cruel summer of dashed... The post The Problems Facing North American Movie Theatres After They Reopen appeared first on […]Michael Giltz
- Saving Small Town Cinemas in the Wake of Covid-19As someone who made a living in the movie industry for over two decades and now writes about it, it pains me to admit this: I’m scared for what it’ll look like this time next year. I know, we’ve been... The post Saving Small Town Cinemas in the Wake of Covid-19 appeared first on Celluloid […]Jim Amos
- EVO Shares A Phased Approach for Reopening Their Texas Cinemas After Coronavirus ShutdownFrom the very moment in mid-March when the COVID-19 pandemic forced most cinemas around the world to shut their doors, they began to contemplate not only when they could reopen, but how they could do so in a way that... The post EVO Shares A Phased Approach for Reopening Their Texas Cinemas After Coronavirus Shutdown […]J. Sperling Reich
- When We Return To “Normal,” the First Stop May Be The Movie TheatreThese haven’t been a pleasant two months for the movie industry. Those of us who follow the film business, or simply just love movies, have watched as moviegoing has been completely upended, along with the rest of the entertainment sector,... The post When We Return To “Normal,” the First Stop May Be The Movie Theatre […]Jim Amos
- UNIC Launches Guide to Help Cinemas in EuropeInternational cinema trade body UNIC has launched a comprehensive guide to help cinemas across Europe, with detailed information about cinema closures, possible re-opening dates as well as overviews of public funding initiatives and support. UNIC has also been active in... The post UNIC Launches Guide to Help Cinemas in Europe appeared first on Celluloid Junkie.Patrick von Sychowski
- Cinema Marquees Go Viral Amid COVID-19 Shutdown“Electric tiaras” are what theatre historian Ben M. Hall called the movie marquee. The cinema marquee and its readograph – the backlit sign written with moveable letters – is as important as the movie poster. Originally a rectangular sign, its... The post Cinema Marquees Go Viral Amid COVID-19 Shutdown appeared first on Celluloid Junkie.Karen Krizanovich
- “So, What Happens Now?” How UK Cinemas Keep GoingIt’s been a long old year, this week. It’s a sobering thought that our industry, like many others, temporarily doesn’t exist. In a little more than a week we at Celluloid Junkie have gone from tracking and reporting on the... The post “So, What Happens Now?” How UK Cinemas Keep Going appeared first on Celluloid […]Claire Beswick
- Drive-Ins: How Big Screen Entertainment Survives During COVID-19In these days of self-isolation, “vectoring” only with those you must, going out to the cinema is not an option – or is it? As the coronavirus closes multiplexes, movie theatres, outdoor screenings and specialist cinematic events in the west,... The post Drive-Ins: How Big Screen Entertainment Survives During COVID-19 appeared first on Celluloid Junkie.Karen Krizanovich
Drive-In Cinema News
- How Staines businesses say the 'rule of six' will affect trade 2020/09/20While drive-in cinemas fit in easily with the rule of six due to car capacity, a temporary cinema approved for Staines in late September is in a different ...
- Corona-safe drive-in festival in Halmstad created an audience of cars 2020/09/20Corona-safe drive-in festival in Halmstad created an audience of cars. 9/20/2020, 1:31:54 ... The first "drive-in" cinema festival is launched in Bordeaux.
- Anymovie Google Drive 2020/09/20For over 30 years Dendy Cinemas has screened the best in quality cinema across the east coast of Australia. You are truly well informed and very ...
- Movie goers delight as drive–in cinema confirms Builth Wells date 2020/09/20THE UK's biggest drive-in cinema tour is coming to the Royal Welsh Showground in association with Tesco. Adventure Drive-In is brought to you by ...
- Blue sky cinemas 2020/09/20Blue Sky Cinemas, Inc. The Blue Sky Drive In Theater located in Wadsworth Ohio is a single screen outdoor theater showing double features during ...
- Cineast goes hybrid for 2020 festival 2020/09/20The organisers of central and eastern European film festival Cineast are ... They considered a drive-in cinema set up but dismissed it because of ...
- Robin Hill Hosts Popular Christmas Drive In Cinema Courtesy Of Wessex 2020/09/20Wessex Cancer Trust's popular drive-in Christmas cinema is set to make a come back this December.
- Bandsintown | Big Daddy Weave Tickets - 66 Drive-In Theatre, Oct 20, 2020 2020/09/20Tickets and RSVP information for Big Daddy Weave's upcoming concert at 66 Drive-In Theatre in Carthage on Sep 20, 2020.
- Causey farm drive in cinema 2020/09/20Causey farm drive in cinema. The drive-in is located at 29505 W. this morning (Friday, Sept. The Workhouse Arts Center is thrilled to offer Drive-In ...
- Slo movie theater 2020/09/20May 18, 2020 · San Luis Obispo's Sunset Drive-In movie theater reopens. 00 but pay huge parking fees as all the locations are sufferred by huge ...
- Metrograph drive in 2020/09/20The theater opens on March 4 and its first series, “Surrender to the Screen,” is an assortment of love letters to the …With drive-in theaters making a ...
- An Immersive Drive-In Cinema Is Coming To The UK For Halloween 2020/09/20ScareCity will be running for three weeks at Event City in Manchester between 12 October and 1 November (via: trendolizer.com)
- Fort Mason Launches Drive-In Movie Theater 2020/09/19The movie theater will present various programs from family favorites and cult classics to blockbusters and arthouse cinema. Drive-in theaters have ...
- Rabbi gears up faithful for drive-in Rosh Hashanah 2020/09/19The comedy film Sister Act inspired a novel way of celebrating the Jewish new year, one of the calendar's holiest days.
- 10 Best Gladiator Films, Ranked 2020/09/19The film was a hit in the Drive-In and Grindhouse theater circuit, but isn't well-remembered among the bigger Blaxploitation films of the day. The fight ...
- ToatFest Drive-In Cinema - Back To The Future 2020/09/19Eventbrite - Dusk & Duchy presents ToatFest Drive-In Cinema - Back To The Future - Saturday, 17 October 2020 at Toat Cafe & Hand Car Wash, ...
- ToatFest Drive-In Cinema - Back To The Future 2020/09/19ToatFest Drive-In Cinema - Back To The Future. Sat, 17 Oct 2020 17:00 - 20:30 BST. General Admission - 2 people. £25.00+£2.54 Fee.
- Upcoming Events in kochi 2020/09/19Sunset Cinema Club is all about immersive cinema experiences in India. We screen ... Drive-In Cinema - Opening Night on 04 Oct 2020 at kochi india ...
- Urgent a star is born 19h 30 drive in cinema 2020/09/19A DONNER 1 PLACE VOITURE CE SOIR DRIVE CINEMA LIEGE AIRPORT 19H 30 A STAR IS BORN SIMPLE TRANSFERT DE CODE QR.
- Mira Nair's adaptation of Vikram Seth's A Suitable Boy for small screen resonates with ... 2020/09/19Nearly two decades later, another new film by Nair is part of the TIFF lineup. But this time, a global pandemic ... There are only two physical venues along with two drive-in venues and an open-air cinema. With the world witnessing ...