Las Vegas, Nevada (April 23, 2018) – THX Ltd., renowned for the certification of world-class cinemas and consumer electronics, today announced that production has begun on a brand new Deep Note trailer to commemorate the company’s upcoming 35th anniversary.
THX is collaborating with some of the most creative minds in Hollywood to produce this high-fidelity audio and visual entertainment experience. The intention of creating this new piece is to modernize and adapt to the latest cinema audio and imaging formats while remaining faithful to the original creation. With this new Deep Note trailer, THX honors its past while looking ahead to the company’s future with a new trailer that will resonate with audiences worldwide and draw similar responses and visceral reactions from movie-goers as the previous THX trailers featuring the famous Deep Note mnemonic.
“We are thrilled to team up with some of the most brilliant and imaginative people in the industry to create a new trailer and commemorate 35 years of providing high-quality entertainment to consumers,” said Ruben Mookerjee, SVP Products and Services at THX Ltd. “THX has exciting plans for the future and we look forward to unveiling this trailer this summer.”
The creative team behind this project is led by emerging production house American Meme in collaboration with VFX industry leader Video Copilot and the key roles include:
- Ben Rosenblatt, Executive Producer (Known for “The Alienist,”Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Star Trek Into Darkness)
- Micho Rutare, Creative Director (Known for Sharknado, “Z Nation”)
- Andrew Kramer, Director of Animation/Visual Effects (Known for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Star Trek: Into Darkness)
- Lindsey Alvarez, Immersive Audio Lead (Known for War for the Planet of the Apes, 10 Cloverfield Lane)
- Robby Stambler, Sound Design Supervisor (Known for 10 Cloverfield Lane, Star Wars: The Force Awakens)
- Gabriela Quiroz, Head of Story (Known for Star Trek: Beyond, Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation).
“I am deeply honored and insanely excited about partnering with THX to create a fresh, innovative, and compelling new trailer,” said Ben Rosenblatt, executive producer of this project.”
“The iconic Deep Note has memorably introduced my favorite movies of the past 35 years and has itself become a beloved part of pop-culture. All of us on the team hope to draw on our past creative experiences with passion for previous THX pieces to produce something original that will amaze audiences while also serving as a tribute to the company’s rich history and promising future in the world of great cinematic entertainment.”
The new trailer is aiming to set a cutting-edge aesthetic and will pay tribute to THX’s heritage of optimizing the audio and visual fidelity of the entertainment experience in cinema. Production on the trailer started this month and will be released this summer.