Below you will find some useful downloads from across the internet relating to digital cinema. More will be added as when they are found:
These are a selection of digital cinema related links from a cross the internet of various sources of information
Post Production & DCinema Manager
Direct: 01442 846973
Dcineco – Digital Cinema Consultants, who also run courses and offer advice and information.
Digital Cinema (DLP)
- 2nd Name – 2ndname.com is a group of young professional artists who feel to be specialized enough in cinema, music theme and experimental movie to guarantee a sort of “New Digital Cinema magazine”. For more details you can read the press release here.
- AccessIT – Has an interesting video relating to the Digital Cinema, which is worth having a look at.
- Arri Digital Cinema – This is a section on Arri’s website about Digital Cinema, with some nice examples of workflow.
- Avica Technology – This site is full of technical informaiton on digital cinema, an dincludes descriptions on how it is likely to work in the multiplex world.
- Barco Projection systems – digital cinema, home theatre, presentation and more.
- Beaming David Bowie – this book is due to be published in August 2005. For the launch of Bowie’s 2003 album, Reality, author Marc John organised a groundbreaking satellite broadcast of a specially produced David Bowie concert which was shown exclusively in digitally equipped cinemas around the world.This marked the first time ever that a live & interactive event had been beamed to cinemas world-wide.
- Christie Digital – This website is great. There is so much information to look at and read that you could be there for a while. This site gives full details of all of Christie’s projectors both domestic and professional and cinema and non cinema related. There is still a section which shows the traditional 35mm equipment which is still available. This site is worth a visit.
- DCinema Compliance Group – is a Partnership of 11 companies, each with decades of experience in the Entertainment Technologies field. Among other activities, each group has expertise in large project installations and each has participated in the 35 year analog to digital transition in Professional Audio, Video, Post-Production and Broadcast. Some have tangential DCinema experience, some have installed dozens of systems as contract players for other groups.
- DCinema Compliance Group – This is a website for of digital cinema information on a range of topics.
- DCinema Today – This site is a fantastic source of information relating to Digital Cinema. Highly Reommended.
- DCinema Today – Internet Articles – This page provides links to Internet Articels on Digital Cinema.
- Digital Cinema Naming Convention – This site is designed to help everyone involved in Digital Cinema exhibition understand how to use the Digital Cinema Naming Convention when naming (or locating) Digital Cinema Packages.
- Digital Cinema System Specification – This a direct link to the Digital Cinema System Specification’s which were agreed in July 2005. They are published on the Digital Cinema Initiatives website.
- Digital Projection – a very good website on digital projectors, providing lots of information.
- Digital-Exhibition.co.uk – This is the website for Simon Walker who is researching Digital Exhibition for his PhD.
- Dolby Digital Cinema – information on a digital system created by Dolby for digital cinema.
- Doremi Cinema – is a leading developer and manufacturer of mastering and playback solutions for the digital cinema market.
- EDCine Portal – The EDCine project is focussing on the optimisation, enhancement and interoperability issues of JPEG 2000 based Digital Cinema.
- Electrohome – a small invester in Immersion Studios, a digital cinema business. Also has links to Christe, its former projection systems division.
- Electronic Cinema Study Group (ECSG) – Description to Follow
- European Digital Cinema Forum – an organisation which is made up of a number of other cinema organisations. This site provides quite a lot of information on the subject.
- Going Live – A guide on digital cinema produced by Arqiva Satellite & Media called ‘Going Live!’ and aims to be an objective, non-promotional, easy-to-read, informative and non-technical overview of digital projection of live event content in cinemas. It looks at the market opportunity, the current state of digital cinema set-ups, and help projectionists ask prospective digital cinema suppliers the right questions to ensure they get the best set-up for their specific requirement.
- Hughes-JVC – provide and market a range of video and data storage products to professional users.
- JPEG2000 – All about the JPEG2000 standard. Also has this link to a system about digital cinema. There are a couple of interesting presentaitons on this site as well.
- Kino – Kino, the UK’s first purely digital cinema, is delighted to be opening in Hawkhurst, Kent in February 2006.
- Kodak – Description to Follow
- Kodak Digital Cinema – This site from Kodak has loads of information relating to Digital Cinema including Content Management Services and the Cine Server
- NEC – Description to Follow
- Pioneer – Description to Follow
- Preparing for Digital Cinema – is an article looking at the current projectionists role in a digital cinema age.
- Principia Optics – ecinmea optics manufactures.
- Qualcomm – Has an item on digital cinema, under products and technologies, worldwide.
- Quantum Digital – was launched in November 2001 and organises live and pre-recorded programming in cinemas using state-of-the-art digital technology.
- Seleco – manufactures of digital projectors and olther multimedia applications.
- Simac Company – Description to Follow
- Texas Instruments (Digital Light Processing) – – has a number of articles on Digital Light Projection (DLP)
- The IEE – article on Digital Cinema
- THX – The website includes details of the THX certificate and allows you to view THX trailers.
- UK Digital Screen Network – This website is the official site run by the Arts Alliance Digital Cinema and includes information on the basics of digital cinema along with a list of the completed installations.
- USA lags in digital cinema stakes – Summary of research by Dodona Research into Digital Cinema